Saturday, May 17, 2008

Expensive

Since the American dollar is in the toilet, money is pretty tight. So, when i ventured to the Spanish Steps and its surrounding stores all i could do was laugh. I walked by stores that i would never shop at for myself let alone a girlfriend wife, sister or mother. These included but are not limited to, Louis Vitton, Giorgio Armani, Prada, Gucci, and Dolce and Gabanna (spelling?). These stores are out of my budget and if I happened to stumble in a store like that not knowing they were filled with overpriced products that would probably see as much of a closet as they would an arm or shoulder, I would know by looking at the price tag that it wasn't for me or for anyone I could be shopping for. But one store in this 5th avenue-esque part of Rome made me wonder what the world not just Italy is coming to. The name of the store was "Expensive." Who shops there? Is it a status thing? Do we really need to know how much people spent for their ugly bags? It used to be that you saw an L and V overlapping each other on a piece of fabric and you knew it was either fake or expensive (i personally cant tell), but putting the word 'expensive' right on the piece of junk seems a little excessive. Next thing you know there will be a store called "HEY LOOK AT ME I SPENT WAY TOO MUCH MONEY ON THIS"

No comments: