Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Soccer in the Streets

As I walked back from the bingo hall after a short stay and a loss of 5 Euro this afternoon, I took the back route back to my apartment. As I got to the top of a hill I saw 5 men presumably between the ages of 40 and 50 playing an interesting game in the streets. Like I did when I was ten years old these men kicked a soccer ball as hard as they could in the direction of a garage. The opening to the garage was defended by one of the men and behind him was a car, a Fiat to be specific. As I neared the men I realized that this wasn’t just any garage, it was an auto body shop and they were all employees of it. I wonder if anywhere in America I will see 5 grown men kicking a soccer ball at a car that they are being paid to fix. I then wonder that if that did happen how quickly a lawyer would be on a phone and a lawsuit filed. Only in Rome.

No comments: